My Facebook Account Temporarily Locked! How to Unlock?

Whether your Facebook account temporarily locked? How to unlock and solve Facebook account problem?

Everybody knows that Facebook is a convenient channel for passing and sharing information, but security at Facebook is becoming critical nowadays.

Facebook has developed such a system that it can detect even the subtle case, where it detect Facebook account that are involved in sending continuous spam. When this happens, Facebook shuts off access to the account immediately.

Must Read: How to Delete Facebook Account Permanently Immediately? Quick Solution!

In result of above procedure, hacker or spammer are penalized, but Facebook strikes hard at ignorant people (like us!) whose sole purpose is social networking through Facebook.

But the only reason Facebook does that is for security purposes!! One of my friend recently suffered in the same way one morning with a popped up message “Facebook Account Temporarily Locked”.

My Facebook Account Temporarily Locked

Facebook Message Pops:

For Security Reason Your Account is Temporarily Locked

Isn’t frustrating????

Yeah! I do get that errrr feeling that you are undergoing right now!! Chill out, it can happen to anyone and you can fix it with a little effort and a careful approach.

Right now you won’t able to log in back.

Remember, different cases has different procedure and different way of dealing.

When your Facebook account get locked, you’ll definitely see disabled message when you try to log in.

In case you won’t see any disabled message, then you would probably be having a log in issue (Which is totally different). In that case, you may take the help of this.

Must Read: How to Block and Unblock Facebook App or Game Easily

Reasons Why My Facebook Account got locked

I have spotted possible list of reasons for any sudden disabled Facebook account.

Updating Database or Cleanup Procedure

Facebook do regular improvement in their database, or cleanup of fake or duplicate Facebook profile. If your account fall under this procedure,  your Facebook account will get locked.

During this time, you won’t be able to gain access to the account. It may not last more than an hour.

Reported for illegal activity

Maybe somebody probably reported your account as fake account or requested Facebook to block the account. Remember it never happens with a single person view but of mass.

Reporting may happen because you may be running a fake account with a fake name, annoying a person by posting content that doesn’t follow the Facebook terms or by sending continuous friend request.

Multiple warning from Facebook

You may have got warning from Facebook, but you still continued prohibited behavior after receiving multiple warning

Your behavior or purpose of using Facebook account matter the most. Any type of advertising, promoting illegal content, unsolicited contact for dating, harassment cases or any other inappropriate conduct may lead your account to be temporarily or permanently disabled

Suspicious Activity

May be Facebook has detected suspicious activity and has temporarily suspended it due to security precaution.

Adding unknown friends in Facebook

You may have involved in randomly adding a large number of friends and sending continuously message to your friend list.

Due to which, an unknown friend has detected that as a spam or reported abuse. Even a large number of people report abuse or spam, it may lead to your Facebook account temporarily locked.

Creating random and fake profile

May be randomly using different devices to open a Facebook account.

May be you are creating Fake Facebook account with some other identity (by using name, profession etc.)

Facebook Account Temporarily Locked Solution. How to recover?

You will receive a message “For security reason your account is temporarily locked”, Once your Facebook account get locked

While encountering such situation, Facebook will come up with list of option on “how to unlock you Facebook account”.

Must Read: How to Unfriend Facebook Friends Without Really Unfriending Them?

Try below options to verify and unlock your temporarily locked Facebook account

Clear the cache and Security Verification

Don’t Open your Facebook account upto 96 hrs. Clear the cache and stuff like history etc. It may be back to normal.

If you still can’t, go through the automated security verification process. It may possible that Facebook has detected some suspicious activity and your Facebook account got locked. In such cases,

• You can verify by confirming your mobile number. Facebook will send you a code, you need to enter and verify your Facebook account. Once you have verified, you may able to unlock your Facebook account.
  • Account authenticity: Facebook will give you an option to verify by identifying the photos of your friends. You need to identify at most five photos to unlock your Facebook account. You will be provided with two lifeline, in case you didn’t able to identify your tagged friend in one go.
    • Once you completed identifying the tagged photo of your friend, a welcome message will pop up “Account verified congratulation!”
    • You have to click continue to proceed for the next step and they will ask your current email address or go with your new email address.
    • They will ask you to enter a new security question. Enter your preferred security question and in the end of the procedure your Facebook account will get unlock. Further, you can proceed with unlocked Facebook account by logging in.

Facebook account was locked or disabled by mistakes

Sometimes your Facebook account was locked or disabled by mistakes. No worries, you can submit an appeal to Facebook by clicking here. You have to identify your identity by submitting ID card, which must include your name and date of birth.

Facebook will give you an option to identify yourself. Firstly, you can submit any government issued ID that must contain your name and date of birth.

• The option 1 includes: Birth certificate, driver license, Passport, Marriage certificate, Voter ID card, Green card and for more options you can click here.
  • If the above option doesn’t suit for any reason or you didn’t have above listed ID, you have to provide two different ID. The name contain in your ID must match each other. Also, one of your ID proof must contain photo or date of birth.
  • The option 2 includes: bank statement, bus card, credit card, Library card, school card, utility card and for more options you can click here. Remember, before submitting documentation such as credit card or social security number you should cover up personal information.

Facebook Account temporarily disabled

If you’re thinking, what Facebook will do with your ID proof. Don’t worry, they just use it to verify your identify. Once done, they delete your ID information.

It may take a week for a response. So be patience, if you’re clean and mistakenly violated any policies, Facebook account will be unlock automatically.

In some cases, your disabled or temporarily locked Facebook account will never be resorted. This is the strong message from Facebook. It is better to open a new Facebook account. These cases are severe where you’ve strongly violated the Facebook Community Standards.

Preventive Measure for your FB Account Temporarily Locked

Friends are too valuable and important to anybody, so nobody want to lose them in the long run.

Suppose one fine morning you wake up and you came to know that your Facebook account temporarily locked or blocked, it would be very disastrous!

One thing is very clear, that Facebook has become much smarter nowadays. So, never try any such activity that may land you up in trouble.

Below listed preventive measures would help you to run your Facebook account securely and safely.

Facebook Terms and Conditions

You have to review and follow the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities very strictly, so that in future your account would be safe and secure. When you try to commit any such activity, please try to look through Facebook guidelines and their policies.

Avoid Proxy Servers

Don’t use proxy servers – As we know, the proxy server uses anonymous IPs in order to access blocked sites. By doing so, it might create negative impact on Facebook account.

Actually proxies are unknown to Facebook and it may affect the security network. So, it’s better not to use them.

Don’t use too many devices – Try to prevent using too many devices for your Facebook account. Previously it was not the case.

It allowed sign in to your account from different devices. But now, security level of Facebook has increased, so avoid multiple devices.

Must Read: How to Deactivate Your Facebook Account Easily in Few Steps

Takeaway

Based on my speculations, I think these are the common issues, Facebook user are facing right now. There is no easy solution from Facebook and some process takes a long time with no result.

Hope this would help any Facebook user to recover from “Temporarily Locked Facebook Account”.

I would do regular update if any changes occur in the future regarding the above issue.

Notify of
272 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Leanne Barger
6 years ago

A few days ago I tried logging into my account and it stated that my password was changed last Friday, I never changed it. I tried recovering it, I went through ALL of the steps. My current email is not valid but my phone number is. I tried sending a code to my phone, nothing. I did the security question, I know I put in the correct answer, says it is invalid. I even did the 3 friends to help verify you, again nothing. They never received a code for me to put in. I also locked my account in case someone tried logging in to spam me. I know I have to wait a few days for it to be unlocked but since my recover password information is not working, what else could I do. I have tried EVERYTHING. Even contacting facebook. I just really want my pictures back, Any suggestions

Navpreet Kaur

Hi sir..
Few days back i forgot my fb passwrd..
aftr the security ques answering.. they said i can log in aftr 24 hours.. bt frm dat day till now.. i cannot log in my account.. as it was temporarily blocked..
though they daily give me a notification dat login to see what ur friends are sharing.. bt whenever i log in.. i cannot starr my account back.. plss help.. ?
Thnkkuu

Changez

Hi,
Can you please let me know that can Facebook team detect/identify/ doubt any account to be fake (having all data fake; name, d/o/b, location etc) and lock it temporarily for security reasons “Or” an account is reported by masses and then blocked? In simple words is it must that an account be reported by people as fake to be blocked or Facebook team can identify some account fake and block it?

Lee
6 years ago

My wife is having a nightmare. She has a middle nickname which is short for her birth middle name, it’s what she’s known as. On trying to change her password Facebook all of a sudden insisted on proof of Id.
She’s sent government id UK, bank cards, statement etc but of course these all have Catherine not Kitty (her Facebook middle name)she’s already explained they can change it if they want etc.
She gets responses daily but they just close the case, no explanation Just case closed.
Never got an option to do any other form of verification.
She’s in tears worried about losing all her photos and friends.

waseem
6 years ago

Yesterday my fb id was temporarily loccked and it is asking to upload a govt id. Is there any risk in uploading the id proof? How can i get my id unblocked?

tuhin
6 years ago

recently my Facebook id was blocked and they wanted my Govt ID… so I uploaded the documents and after a while I got a reply that they could not verify it cuz it was not properly uploaded as the instructions were given and they told to resend the documents and I provided those as per the instructions…after that I got reply from facebook notifying about my Facebook notifications and they provided a link to open Facebook and another link to check the notifications…when I tried those links that said log in first… so I logged in but the id is still locked… it said thanks for the providing the documents and they would reach out for me if they need further documentation…and I still can not open my account… this is getting so pathetic now…what can I do now?

Saad Abdullah
6 years ago

I don’t have any digital copy of any of my IDs as I don’t have any IDs at all…So will my account get unlocked or not…I have my cell phone no added in my facbook ID but option for verification through cell no is not appearing there….
Would it get unlocked after some days or never get unlocked…???

Glenn Morris
3 years ago

First time user . created account and added 3 members of my family as friends. Facebook locked me out. asked me for mobile number and sent a verification code. Let me back in for an hour then locked me out again and asked for a photo. sent the photo yesterday but I am still locked out.
Decided to create another account with a different E-mail. I added my wife as friend and facebook locked me out

Alice
5 years ago

My facebook birth year is different because i made it loong time ago when i was little.. but everything else is the same .. i sent a picture of my passport.. but still havent gotten a response.
Also when i click on “My personal Account was disabled” and i fill in the email and name and such, it says the email does not belong to a disabled account.. which makes no sense because its 100% that email… do you think they deleted my account or soemthing?! I did nothing wrong.. anf my account is sooo important to me…………

Anne
5 years ago

Im gutted… just typed my comment and its gone. Facebook locked me out tonight, asking for my mob number. No problem, I went to do that and the page where Im meant to add it keeps flashing on for a second then throwing me out. I cant do anything!! And I cant tell them there’s a glitch… :( Its my real account, not some fake one. Im really frustrated with facebook….

Kim
1 year ago

Hi Anurag. My account was temporary disabled/locked due to suspicious activity last sunday. I already sent out 3 photo id and the verification was successful. Email was sent out last monday night, but when i tried to click the link, it says that i’m trying too often. I tried the alternative way and change my password using their code. Same message still shows up. Please help me. I’m sure I haven’t violated any policies in facebook. I already cleared history and cache, tried to open my facebook on a laptop but the same thing still happen. Hope you could help me.

Miroslav
6 years ago

For security reason I was manage my pages from another account than mine. I’ve also useing this account to promote some of pages in Facebook but the name, birth date, etc are not real. How can I unlock my account now? I manage about 100 pages of me and also to some of my clients. I was using a photo of the anonymous and I think this was the main reason. How can I unclock it? Thanks!

adarsh kamboj
6 years ago

I have also same problem.My account gets temporarily locked for security reason . I have uploaded my government issued certificate but don’t get logged into my account.. What should i do please help me ..

dman bacoor
3 years ago

good day.when i logged in to my fb account it shows that my account is temporarily locked.i have done perfectly the security checks like identifying pictures of friends, identifying friends that i sent messages for 2 weeks, & sent security code to my phone…still all of these failed.i have done these several times & the results are always the same…it always shows continue or cannot confirm your identity.what should i do now?please help me.thank you.

Jonalyn
3 years ago

Hi Anurag. My facebook account was disabled for about 21days. how can I able to recover it back? I have send many appeals and they do not response at all. I have tried to log in but they reply me,

Your personal account was temporarily disabled. How long will be I am waiting to log in again? Do I have the chance to recover my account? My other friends said that I will wait for 45 days.

Thank You Anurag! Godspeed.

Rafael
2 years ago
Reply to  Jonalyn

My fb account have been temporarily lock yesterday. What should I do to recover my account it’s so very important. Help me please… I done the security check but it’s not working.

TANIA DEY
4 years ago

Hi Anurag,
I am temporary blocked with my facebook account.I have done many steps to access my account but I am unable to do so.Now when I am trying to reset my password using(the account has been compromised link) the two phone nos or using mail id linked to my account,i am receiving the code but when trying to enter the same for verification it is saying that “too many codes generated in short time” and after then tried the same for several times,it shows that I have been temporarily blocked from using that feature.

So sir can you please guide me what to do to get my account back and I am an original user also all the information provided is all correct.Also shared a govt ID with them.And how much appx time will it take to be in the recovered condition after which I can reset my password using mob no or mail access?

KINDLY HELP ME! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

4 years ago
Reply to  TANIA DEY

Hi,

You need to wait and try to recover through different medium such as mobile or clear your IP and then try to follow the process which I have listed.

Thanks!

Aaron

Hi Anurag,

My Facebook account has been temporarily suspended because I violated the policies and standard. My own fault, clearly. Even though I don’t agree that what I posted violated any rules, that’s beside the point. It logged me out and made me log back in and told me I’m suspended for 7 days. It then asked me to submit a photo ID, which I did.

Is there any quicker what to resolve this or do I have to wait the 7 days? My ID matches all my Facebook information so no issues there. I couldn’t find an appeal link. I had been temporarily suspended for 72 hours before but was still able to log in and see my news feed etc.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Lisa

Hello,

I think I have been locked/blocked from facebook, but I don’t know why. They never asked me to secure my account by using friends photo’s and they never asked me for my ID or something. I don’t think I secured my account with my phone number, could be my old one. My e-mail is okay though. Whenever I try to log in I get redirected to page:500 Internal Server Error. I can log in on other accounts (friends). I’ve had one other account, without any friends though, because I wanted to switch but I never did. I just deactivated that one, just in case. When I try to log in on my phone a blank page pops up. This is really frustrating, I just want to get to my personal information and photo’s. I don’t think I violated the facebook rules and I have always marked ‘this is me’ whenever I logged in on a new device/cleared my history. I browse privately on my iPhone and delete my history on my laptop frequently. I did accidentally log in to facebook when on a proxy, but after that I could log in and secure my account, which I did. However, couple of minutes later I couldn’t log in anymore. I didn’t get any e-mail about this log in, though. I changed my password 2 times, which works, but when it logs in the blank page still appears. I don’t know what to do?! Help please!
I wish facebook had some sort of contact form. I tried emailing to disabled(at)facebook.com but got a response that they don’t use the e-mail contact form anymore. Oh, and I alsof filled in the disabled account page as listed above but it says my account hasn’t been disabled..
The account hasn’t been deleted cause it’s still in my friends list.
Will I ever get back to my account? What can I do?

Mast Demetrius
5 years ago

Hi good evening, I have been locked Facebook on Sunday last week when I was just sharing about my religion belief and kind of preaching and, suddenly I got several spams by the Facebook users. I was reported for infringing the terms and policies and then I was reported for fake account which is the same account am use to now and before, perhaps my profile picture was unseen but still with the image of sky.

I just noticed that it happened the next day when I woke up with 4 notifications, and I was seeking for help how is gonna be unlocked. I don’t think I did something bad but, and today is Monday so I still have to wait for 2 days more. I was quite disappointed because I don’t feel like I did something wrong to them.

It happened when I shared my page to promote and, nothing just happened that I posted messages that annoyed some different believers. I do not know if am gonna be permanently locked because of violating or whatever case it seems absurd. I still feel no guilty of what I did and I don’t think I have to apologise for that. I just want to know how Facebook is gonna be unlocked. After 92 hours if then is not unlocked, what is the next?

I am ready to send my passport to the Facebook if they require my identity. If after a week is not unlocked, what’s next gonna happen to my account?

Thanks for your response. Thanks!

Reply to  Mast Demetrius

You’ve violated the Facebook policies by sharing the religious sentiment. I think you should read Facebook terms and condition which I’ve listed on my article and follow the method to get unlocked from Facebook. Thanks!

Nicollette Gregor

Frustrated Here,

I was locked out of Facebook account about a month ago,yes a month.I tired three times to send them my forms of I.D,however,I have not gotten an email back from them after they say thank you for sending your I.D…..will get back to you at email provided. Still a month later and nothing,now when I try to do the whole I.D thing again it wont let me.

As shown on screen.

For security reasons you account is temporarily locked.
If this Account reflects your real name and personal information,please help us verify it.
Continue.

So I click the continue button thinking I will have to do the I.D stuff and nope,It brings me to this.

Thank You.
We’ll get in touch with you at the email address you provided after we review you I.D.You will now be logged out of Facebook.
Thank you.

So it won’t even let me try to send my I.D in anymore,I am so mad after a month of waiting and trying to email them I am at my wits end,please help!!

Signed,Frustrated over Facebook

D. Suriyamoorthy
5 years ago

Yesterday I was uploading some music videos to share with my friends. There were notifications that I was infringing on copyright guidelines. But there was no warning that my account would be blocked if I did not stop this. So I continued to upload music thinking that if I I inadvertently to infringe again, I will again get similar notification and nothing more will happen. Then suddenly I got the notification that my account has been temporarily blocked because of repeated copyright violations. Now how to get the account unlocked?

Abhimanyu kumar
6 years ago

Plz help me to open my account that is temporary locked .admin is asking to upload govt id. Im trying to do so but i cant upload my pic.

waqas shafiq

Kaushik s
3 years ago

My Facebook was temporarily locked it caused by phishing. Im trying to recover the account by following the instructions given but sadly its not going through to last step.

rionaa
1 year ago

First of all, I want to appreciate you Anurag for providing such an informative post. Many doubts of my are cleared after reading this whole. You followed a manner to detail every topic which is very easy to understand. Sometimes I face typical issues with my Facebook account as well but I try to solve it by my ownself. For me, blogs like this are true support. Thanks!

Jana Kirby Jenkins
3 years ago

My Facebook account is temporarily locked it said something about phishing. I followed the steps logged in, and when it gets to the last where it asks about commerce post, items that I’ve posted over the years for sale, it doesn’t let me passed that part. Please tell me how to get back into my account

Morgan
5 years ago

This is completely ridiculous! Why does Facebook need me to upload personal documentation like my government issued ID to prove it’s me? I was just locked out of my account this morning (I believe it’s because I logged in using a different computer). Now the only way to get back in is to give up more of my personal information?? Even though all the information I have on Facebook currently is completely accurate and I have never had an issue. This is infuriating. This feels like a complete violation on Facebook’s end. How can I resolve this without giving up all these documents??

Reply to  Morgan

Hi, If they asking for documentation, then you’ve to provide them. Their is no other way to go through it. Thanks!

Kishore

hi, im kishore
My facebook account was blocked and it is showing as
“Your account has been temporarily locked
We’ve detected suspicious activity on your Facebook account and have temporarily locked it as a security precaution.
It’s likely that your account was compromised as a result of entering your password on a website designed to look like Facebook. This type of attack is known as phishing. Learn more in the Help Center.
Over the next few steps we’ll walk you through a security check to help secure your account, and let you log back in.”

After clicking on continue enter text below it asks. After that it is asking date of birth, but i forgotten which date i have given while creating. So please help me. Thank u in advance

Reply to  Kishore

Hi, You need to enter your security credential to get unlocked from Facebook. Moreover you can do speculation to just bypass the security check. Thanks

Jayden Sy

Hi :)
My FB account was reported earlier. I guess. Cause when I opened in my mobile phone the logo of session expire suddenly popped out from nowhere it asked me to log in again wich I did then the reply was they are reviewing some of the documents etc. But, I didn’t give any ID photo. Is there still a chance that I can recover my account?

Reply to  Jayden Sy

Hi, If they found out some missing docs, they will definitely contact you. Once they find account as genuine, your Facebook account will be recovered.

Pura Novak

Dear Anurag,

thank you for your patient comments to the frustrated facebook users.

I have a similar problem that was discussed here. About three years ago, I created a facebook Page for my blog (now about 17 k followers). I didn’t want my personal account to be connected to it in any way so I created another account used solely for the page administration. The name of the account was the name of the blog, i.e. not my real name.
Now my account got locked (no reason given), I was asked to provide ID which I did, but of course, as mentioned earlier, it doesn’t match the name of the account. After a day or so I received an answer saying they are unable to give me access to my account or continue with my request as the name etc. doesn’t match the name on the account. Of course I’ve tried to reach them in several ways and explain my situation, but as you probably know, it is quite impossible to contact a real person in facebook. In the same email, they asked me to attach an ID to the reply (again), which I did again (with explanation), but got no answer and I don’t even know if it was delivered as I got some weird delivery message afterwards.
Anyways I have no other ways to claim back my account (I wasn’t asked to confirm friends, phone number, etc.) and I have no idea what to do now. Should I start a new page right away? Or should I wait few more days if *something* (a miracle perhaps) happens? What if I don’t get any answer ever, will my page (with the only admin account locked out) just be hanging there forever? Can I somehow close it down so that I can use the name again for a new fb account? And what about the account? Will it be locked forever or will it get disabled after a while? (If it did, I could at least fill in the appeal for disabled pages, but there is no such thing for locked accounts)
I know I shouldn’t have used the “fake” name (now), but it is all very frustrating :(.
Please let me know whether you think there is still a chance and if not, what to do about the “dead” page.

Best regards

Pura

Reply to  Pura Novak

Hi Pura,

I will suggest you to reopen your account, but always with a real name and details. The reason behind is that if in case your account got locked, you can open it without worrying. Fake account is not beneficial in any way. If Facebook found your account non-spammy, it may possible you will regain access to your account. But, still, it’s not a secure way of continuing your account. You can even transfer your fan following to your new account of it’s own or by contacting to Facebook (which I will discuss in detail in my new article).

Thanks for contacting!

Ogunfidodo dimeji
5 years ago

I’m in need of your help,i was browsing when almost suddenly my account logged out saying logging session something,then it said my account is temporarily locked and i think i know why its because i have been adding too much friends and its been locked please help me and i was told to upload govt id card which i don’t have except my voter card please help me how to go about it?

1 year ago

Hi,

Please read the instruction on the article, what all document needed to verify your Facebook account. In case, if you’re not fulfilling the criteria than it would be tough to get the positive feedback from FB. As I can see, you’ve violated the Facebook terms and condition, which I’ve clearly mentioned on my article.

deonna mclennan
6 years ago

It keep kicking me out saying that my session has expired now it want let me log back in keep saying my password is incorrect and I did everything to identify myself n it still want let me

Marlene Walden Lawson
6 years ago

I am apparently locked out of my account on Facebook but I’ve received nothing telling me that I am but still I can’t get into my account. First it said that my password was wrong but I knew it was right but went ahead and changed it anyway. Once I did that it said that I need to contact my 3 trusted friends to get codes because I no longer have access to the phone number Facebook has. So I contacted the friends, they went to the recover site, got the codes and called me with them. I put them in and clicked on continue and then it told me the site was having problems and they would be working on it. That was 2 days ago. Then I cleaned out my cache and my cookies. It now comes up as “It looks as if you have never used this browser before, please enter the code sent to your cell.” UNQUOTE I never got a code because my number changed as well s my carrier. I couldn’t report it to Facebook because by the time I got home I was locked out. I can’t send a photo of my I.D. because I don’t have a printer or a scanner. I’m disabled and can’t get out doors to a library or such. I do know that my daughter in law who has multiple accounts with Facebook turned me in for something after a huge family argument. I used a lap top at her house 2 weeks ago, after I came home she got into my account and copied and pasted all my private messages and sent them to other members of our family. I right away blocked her and all her other profiles, including her whole family and mutual friends. I’ve done nothing to her yet she reports something that is in no way true and I get locked out of my account. I need your help please… Sincerely, Marlene

Priyanka agrawal
3 years ago

Hello
My facebook account is locked under phishing mode. tell me how Can i Get back to my account. I really need to open my account becouse i m doing business by Facebook marketplace and facebook group. Its difficult to me work without facebook.

Angelito
5 years ago

Hi. I already submitted an appeal because my facebook account was temporarily disabled and I believe that facebook blocked/disabled it by mistake (facebook haven’t specified what kind of problem/activity/violation was it)

After some several days, I recieved an email from facebook about my ID and they say that my ID info doesn’t match my FB profile info. Any other solutions aside from what is said from your topic. Please. A possible solution. I’ve been desperate on searching ways to recover my account in any way.

Reply to  Angelito

Hi Angelito, Sorry to say, if your identity doesn’t match then you can’t recover your Facebook account. It was utmost necessary that your account should be well protected with your identity and this is one of the foremost filtration by Facebook.

dawson
4 years ago

Hi Anurag,
I could not login my fb, everytime i login this message
You Can’t Log In Right Now
We noticed some suspicious activity on your account that needs to be reviewed. Until then, you won’t be able to access things like your News Feed or messages. Learn More about why your account might be disabled.
If you can please help me the way to contact with fb
thank

Kyla
5 years ago

I need help. It is just in a snap, my facebook account suddenly logged out on it own, saying “expiring-of-licence” and such. When I tried to logged in again. Facebook would accept it saying “we-need-to-verify-somethings” and such “fill-up-the-following” like for example “your name” “birthdate” and “valid i.d.” and worst i only have 14 days tos settle this requirements. There are lots of questions running in my mind. What happend? Why it happened? Who can help me?

Please help me!! Please! I know i can make again another account but you now, the memories.

Please do help me.

1 year ago
Reply to  Kyla

Hi Kyla,

This type of message is not generated by Facebook instead due to malware and virus. Beware of it, and don’t fill the details. This whole process shows the installed malware trying to hack your Facebook account. I think you should first clean your devices with anti-virus and anti-malware software. Remove cookies and history and finally clean your registry using one of the recommended software Ccleaner. Thanks

AMAN GOSWAMI
5 years ago

Hi. My account was locked so I submitted my I’d and in few days I got mail that your account is unlocked but I m not able to log in. When I try to log in it shows that thank u for submitting I’d we will get in touch via email

1 year ago
Reply to  AMAN GOSWAMI

Hi Aman, Congrats for your unlocked Facebook account. You can try with different browser or internet network. It’ll show your account.

Brian Garcia
5 years ago

Wow! Great post! I have heard of people getting locked in “Facebook Jail” but have never experienced it. These tips definitely help to prevent me (or anyone else) from getting locked up! Thanks for the post!

Ezio Jemma

Hey Anurag, how are you?

My name is Ezio Jemma and i’m from Brazil. Two days ago (november 28) I went to a concert and there was a place (some kind of toten or TV) where you could take a picture and post it on Facebook.

I took a picture of my friends and logged into my Facebook. I logged out right after taking the picture.

When i got home, my Facebook account was blocked. I did the security confirmation by recognizing my friends and by receiving a code on my cellphone. I seems like it would work, but when I clicked on “continue”, there was a page error. Its been almost two days and still happens the same thing.

Can you help me? I just read on foruns that maybe i need to wait for 96 hours. Is that true? I really need to recover my access.

The message that appears is:

“Your Account is Temporarily Locked

I did the steps but it didnt work

Thank you so much! I’m desperate!

Reply to  Ezio Jemma

Hi Ezio,

I think this the case of phishing, you need to clear the cache of your browser and login again with your Facebook credential. If still doesn’t resolve, go for security check.

Thanks!

Juliet Lola
6 years ago

I upload my driver licence id photo still yet my account is not open please help me

Reply to  Juliet Lola

Hi Juliet,

Please have patience, it takes time from Facebook to reply. You definitely able to unlock your Facebook account

Akshat

Hey dear,
I think someone repoted me as spam and my facebook account has been locked and its asking me for my govt issued id and I upload my dl But after that I can’t access my account what to do please help me.

1 year ago
Reply to  Akshat

Hi Akshat,

As I said before, Facebook process takes time. Please be patience and wait for a week. Thanks! :)

ROSALIA NALLY
6 years ago

my Facebook account is unlocked, i don’t know what went wrong but i cannot log onto my account, i was told to identify the people tagged in my friends photo which i am unable to do because i don’t know all of my friends by face. please what can i do to unlock my account and how long those it take

Karen Wasylowski
1 year ago

I am temporarily disabled due to suspicious activity. Suddenly. I got to the screen where I had three options for Facebook to recognize me.

(1) they would text a code to my cell phone. Problem is, that cell phone number is obsolete. I tried to get it back thru Verizon but I no longer own the number.
(2) recognize pictures of friends. I have 1300 ‘friends’, 90% of whom I don’t know. I am an author and have a nice following on facebook, but I could only recognize one out of ten.
(3) state the city where my mom was born. NO PROBLEM, I’ll just type that right in there. Evidently, Facebook refused to believe me and said I was wrong.

It’s been about 24 hours and I’m still disabled; I’ll wait another 72 and try again, but I’ll still have the same problems with those questions. What do I do? There is NO human recourse on Facebook – a major problem that I never realized before. Please help.

BTW, this began when I was reading an article in the Washington Post and wanted to post it to my FB page. I hit the button and that was it.

Deb
4 years ago

Hi there .. I have a serious problem I was locked out of my long term facebook account due to name change I sent them the photo id but the problem is ..they said they would respond by email.. WELL.. my email has changed and I see no way of contacting them in order to change the email I am totally locked out of my account and sigh.. I did not put in a phone number either Can you help me thankyou ..

Shefali Sharma
3 years ago

Hi Anurag, thanks for all the information. I got a new phone and was intermediately using fb on two phones. Now the fb app on my phone is asking me to identify my identity. They are sending a 6 digit code to my phone but I’m receiving none. Now my account is temporarily locked since my friend s can’t see me too. Please advise.

MIKE
5 years ago

My account was locked because I logged in from a different IP and now I cant access it. I reset the password, recovered account, etc. Nothing works. I have tried to login numerous times from different devices, browsers, private windows, etc. Every time I login, I see the message that my account is locked and I am asked to confirm the suspicious login attempt. I click to say yes I recognize the login attempt and then get an error message. After I click yes, I receive this message “The FB page isn’t working
FB is currently unable to handle this request. 500″

My account is stuck in an endless loop and I can not get past the error. Have you seen something like this before?

Reply to  MIKE

Hi, “500 internal server error” indicate that the link is inaccessible. It means that link has been changed or modified. So, now you need to clear the cache, cookies, and history and start with the fresh browser. You also need to switch off and on the internet network and then continue browsing. You’ll definitely able to get rid of the error.

Kanchan

Hi,
I got a message from facebook 5 days ago that my account is temporarily locked and i have to submit a govt id proof or 2 other proofs with my photo and date of birth matching to my Facebook profile details.

This facebook profile is Fabric e Studio and i have 2 pages i.e. fabric estudio and fabrics & borders. I created a separate profile for business purpose as i wanted my business profile and pages to be separate from my individual profile.

Obviously i do not have any id proof for my business profile. I submitted my personal id proof and informed them that this is a business profile. I have used their adverts on several ocassions and at that time why did they not verify or object it. They get back to me with this standard reply – It looks like your timeline doesnt represent you as an individual person. As a result we have determined that your timeline should be converted to a facebook page. Don’t worry we will help you convert your timeline into a page the next time you login.

When i try to login the next time i again cannot login and get same message that account is temporarily locked and submit id proof for identity.

What will happen next? I have never spammed anyone. How will i convert it to a page when i cant login at all?

Please help. I have addresses of all my clients in my inbox and have 55000 inr worth orders pending to be sent :(.

Please please reply

Reply to  Kanchan

You’ve violated Facebook norms by opening business profile; profile always should be personal. For business, Facebook already given an option of Facebook page. As you’ve mentioned you’ve submitted your ID proof, but Facebook do match your current identity with your profile; so now you need to hope for the best.

Aayush

PADMA MOHAN
6 years ago

I Am New To Facebook And Unknowingly Randomly Sent A Large Amount Of Friend Requests Continuously . I Don’t Know Anything In The Facebook As I Joined Since 2015 April Only . When I Typed My Number And Password Means It Shows That My Account Is Temporarily Locked . I Don’t Know What To Do Whether This Problem Can Be Solved Or I Have To Create A New Facebook Id Please Help Me To Solve This Problem.

Reply to  PADMA MOHAN

Hi Padmamohan,
Sending a large amount of friend request to unknown person is not up to the term and condition of Facebook. To get unlock from Facebook, you have to identify yourself. If you are using FAKE profile, then recovery is close to impossible.
Thanks!